SWEP is the world's leading supplier of brazed plate heat exchangers (BPHEs). These products are used where heat needs to be transferred efficiently in air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and industrial applications. SWEP has representation in more than 50 countries and its own dedicated sales force in more than 20 countries. SWEP has highly efficient production units in Sweden, the USA, Malaysia, Slovakia, and China enable SWEP to serve customers all over the world.
SWEP is an exciting, growing company, dedicated to creating solutions to meet the energy challenges of the world. SWEP offers more than just a job we offer an opportunity for a career with no boundaries and an opportunity to make an impact locally and globally. SWEP is striving towards record-breaking growth. We want individuals who think like entrepreneurs; who have an open mind; who care about the environment; who are looking to inspire and be inspired. Are you ready for the challenge to make energy last longer?
Duties and Responsibilities
Forming and cutting CHPL/CPL tools and changeover parts for hydraulic press machine and mechanical cut machine. Ensure high quality tools are available for part production as needed. Obtain thorough knowledge of the tools including design, fabrication, and specific company tool shop techniques for running the press line and cutline. Communicate with operators, fellow toolmakers, and 3rd party support including tool shops both locally and globally.
- Maintain and fix tools (CHPL press/cut tools, CPL cut tools, manual punching tools + future forming tools) to required standards through effective diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues
- Track tool wear cycles to ensure proper service intervals
- Maintain accurate service records for all tools
- Maintain spare parts to minimize downtime.
- Train operators on proper tool handing, TPMs, and changeovers and certify them for operation
- Supervise press machine for brief period while operators are unavailable
- Maintain a working knowledge of the press to facilitate effective troubleshooting and continuous improvement
- Responsible for setting standards on changeover parts, which includes fixing and maintaining them.
- Support new tool introductions (ordering spare parts, ensuring correct drawings, verifying the tool).
- Support new tooling developments and standards through participation in global technology groups and collaborate with other company tool shops globally
- Maintain safe working practices
Education / Certifications
Technical school or certifications a plus
Relevant Experience and Requirements
10+ years machining experience and some knowledge of toolmaking
Mechanical aptitude preferably with maintenance mechanics experience
Experience with manual lathes, milling machines and use of surface grinders
Understanding of various classes of fits, clearances, tolerances and close machining tolerances i.e. microns
Mathematically inclined specifically with trigonometry
Experience working with Metric system dimensioning
Skilled in the use of a wide variety of metals
Basic understanding of the heat treatment of tool steels and familiarity with metallurgy
Must understand various classes of fits, clearances, tolerances and close machining tolerances i.e. microns
- Good team player, but with ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Train and communication with team members of varying technical aptitudes
- Computer literate and basic MS Office skills
- Knowledge of basic technical drawing interpretation and symbols
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools including drills, angle grinders, die grinders
- You have a high level of drive and self-motivation, and enjoy increasing your skills and responsibilities
- On call to support other shifts when needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 10% or less
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in:Americas : United States : Oklahoma : Tulsa
Sub Division :SWEP Americas
Job Requisition ID :2983
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 19606272 tulsa