Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:29 PM
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Address: 2448 E. 81st Street Suite 5400, Tulsa, OK, United States (US), 74137
Education Level: Bachelors Required
Relevant Experience Level: Senior (11+ Years)
Employee Group: Regular : Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
SUMMARY: Reports to the Vice President of Engineering. Is the Lead Technical Steward for MarkWest. Responsible for overseeing all process engineering activities for the company while adhering to project budgets and schedules. This position works very closely with Operations, Commercial, Measurement, and EH and S groups. Performs all work in compliance with company and industry standards, procedures, and government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to direct team of process engineers on multiple tasks of varying magnitude and complexity.
- Assist the project group in cost estimating and generation of AFE's.
- Evaluate bids and proposals, and be able to identify and nominate preferred contractor based on both short:term and long:term MarkWest objectives.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to Operations, Business Development and other departments as requested.
- Be able to produce, edit, review and approve an array of project design documentation including: equipment specification sheets, PFDs, PIDs, plot plans, and equipment layouts.
- Maintain knowledge and the ability engineering standards as they relate to the specific project.
- Have a broad and detailed knowledge of natural gas processing and operations.
- Have strong problem:solving skills and a creative approach for generating new ideas.
- Understand manufacturing processes and construction methods and have an appreciation of business demands.
- Have an awareness of the environmental impact of design ideas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This position requires a degree in Engineering (preferable Chemical Engineering) from a four year accredited college or university plus a minimum ten years of experience in gas processing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current valid drivers license required. A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position is located in an office environment; however, travel to field locations will be required ( 25).
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nations third:largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven:refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nations second:largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPCs fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum:related products efficiently through the companys distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
• Location: Tulsa
• Post ID: 19313522 tulsa