Tulsa, OK - Macy s Logistics: Manager, Wave Planner, Sun-Thur 7PM-5:30AM at Macy s, Inc - Macys
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:00 AM
Oversee the day-to-day fulfillment operations, supporting the Director of Operations with the short and long term tactical/operations planning to ensure productivity goals and objectives are achieved in a Fulfillment environment.
Lead and direct production planning and wave functions. Establish effective production schedules in order to release orders to outbound operations timely to meet order fulfillment, productivity and ship on time (SOT) targets. Lead production/wave planning team to align appropriate support on all shifts. Work within facility management team to resolve production issues, introduce changes for continuous improvement and implementation of new technology.
- Determine when and how to release order fulfillment operational plans to outbound operational areas.
- Make production planning decisions based on planned volume, actual volume, maintenance & engineering health, and customer shipping expectations.
- Determine planning & scheduling duties; evaluate skill deficiencies in operational areas. Make recommendations to operational leaders and monitor progress.
- Monitor and adjust production waves to meet customer order requirements based on order load and production constraints.
- Expedite production corrections that delay schedules in order to address unforeseen & unfavorable conditions.
- Escalate problematic situations with an appropriate sense of urgency. Garner all resources necessary to put corrective actions in place.
- Develop and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the production planning team.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of work methods/procedures/controls. Make adjustments to increase productivity, customer satisfaction and/or reduce expense.
- Organize, analyze and report data with clear explanations of decision for production planning change or recommendations of operation changes. Analyze results and initiate action to meet business goals.
- Ensure solid lines of communication exist within all departments impacting operational results; Maintenance, Engineering, Human Resources, Finance, etc
- Actively participate in numerous committees including, but not limited to, safety, shortage, process improvement, etc..
- Adjust personal schedule based on operational and team needs.
- Select team members based on minimum required and preferred job requirements.
- Set expectations for schedule flexibility based on operational needs that may change with seasons and promotions.
- Manage, coach, develop and lead associates on a daily basis.
- Monitor performance levels. Coach and counsel low performance. Recognize performance above expectations.
- Conduct daily, weekly and/or monthly team meetings to share business information, work changes and/or provide training.
- Schedule team members based on shift needs.
- Conduct annual reviews against stated goals and reflects opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee arrangement of staff, materials, equipment and other factors in advance for changes related to sales & volume.
- Ensure a culture of safety throughout the team by following Macy's safety policies and procedures - monitor workplace safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Include cost/expense details in justifications for process changes.
- Ensure supplies are maintained at appropriate levels to support the operations.
- Correctly assign expense to correct accounting codes.
- Contribute recommendations for how to control expenses and reduce waste.
- Ensure all schedules for associates are entered into appropriate systems and reflect accurate working hours.
- Maintain responsiveness to emails and phone calls.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Distribution, Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field.
- Effective decision making ability in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stay ahead of the curve by finding new ways to satisfy customers.
- High-level understanding of Six Sigma process improvement methodology.
- Proven operations leadership skills including leading a team with a clear vision and strategy, results-orientation, change catalyst, and developing people.
- Facility start-up experience strongly preferred.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: analyst, inventory control, leader, logistics, logistics analyst, logistics management, manager, senior, rep, warehouse analyst
• Location: Tulsa
• Post ID: 20118677 tulsa