Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 2:55 AM
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Address: 2448 E. 81st Street Suite 5400, Tulsa, OK, United States (US), 74137
Education Level: Bachelors Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4:10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular : Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Reports to the Engineering Director. Provides technical support, leadership, and oversight for all electrical and instrumentation needs (both operational and project needs); works effectively with the company's operations group, "tier:one" engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters in the design, implementation, and operation of the Company's electrical and instrumentation assets; initiates, reviews, modifies, and/or implements company standards and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Create and maintain electrical and instrument specifications.
- Take the lead in specifying, bidding, purchasing, expediting, pre:commissioning, commissioning, and starting:up the electrical and instrumentation assets required to support capital growth projects, replacements in kind, or expense projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with equipment vendors, determining the limits and capabilities of each vendor and their materials.
- Oversee the designs of new electrical equipment and instrument installations; provide guidance and mentor drafters and designers on electrical and instrument drawing requirements.
- Working with operations and facility engineers, identify optimization and efficiency projects and perform evaluations to determine their economic viability;
- Review engineering standards and provide feedback and recommendations as appropriate.
- Be able to handle assignments and small projects, provide regular status updates (communicating with project stakeholders), and be proficient in resource scheduling.
- Have strong problem:solving skills and a creative approach for generating new ideas.
- This position requires a degree in Electrical Engineering from a 4:year accredited college or university and at least 10:years of experience in the gas processing and gas gathering disciplines.
- Current valid drivers license required. A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees.
This position requires sitting throughout most of the day. It will involve some lifting and filing.
On occasion there will be outside office assignments that can involve walking around construction sites, industrial locations, field and/or wooded areas. Travel to field locations will be required.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nations third:largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven:refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nations second:largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPCs fully integra
• Location: Tulsa
• Post ID: 19834302 tulsa