Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 9:42 AM
Commodity Marketing Rep Sr (Natural Gas)
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma 74172
Operating Area/Functional Area: Central Services
Bring your energy to ours. Help us become the premier provider of large:scale natural gas infrastructure in the United States. At Williams, were focused on being great. If you are a high:performer and are committed to contributing to something much bigger than yourself, you are going to love working here. Were well positioned to help meet the growing demand for natural gas as a cleaner:burning domestic energy source.
Hear from our employees on why they chose a career at Williams: williams.wistia/medias/zsgtf87fb1
Purpose and Scope:
The Marketing Representative position is responsible for optimizing Williams' gas marketing value in a focused region. The representative will focus on prompt month and seasonal trading in their region to maximize value on Williams's assets, by developing relationships with producers, transporters and end:users and working closely with Williams operating area commercial teams. Actively purchasing and marketing gas in all timeframes as well as purchasing released capacity, Firm Transportation, Park and Lend and Storage are key activities expected of this representative who is expected to be an expert at logistics around their region. Travel will be up to 25 of the time and will require movement to meetings often at short notice. This marketer will work optimize the daily clearing of the spot book.
This position is responsible for creating incremental value to Williams and must transact with a firm understanding of risk and enterprise value and the candidate must fully understand supply/demand and transportation logistics in their region. Explicit communication to his/her group and to other Williams stakeholders in order to convey information affecting profitability, and the ability to translate observed market anomalies into profitable transactions is expected. This role must possess the ability to constantly communicate and seek new marketing opportunities.
* Developing and executing physical trades and structured trades with end:users and producers
* Analyze and model least cost pathing in order to optimize Williams value on regulated and non:regulated transportation paths.
* Establish and develop relationships with external customers in order to buy and sell gas and acquire capacity through capacity release
* Communicate daily with Gas Marketing co:workers, Williams gas management and regional commercial reps on relevant information regarding market conditions, outages, capacity to internal counterparties
* Accurately input and account for transactions in a timely manner in accordance with Williams risk management policies
* Minimum 7 years of energy related experience
* Strong customer presence
* Strong analytical background
* Proficient with Microsoft Office with specific emphasis on Excel
* Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
* Action oriented
* External communicator and team player
* Problem Solving
* Strategic ability
* Commercial acumen
* Decision quality (decisive and accurate)
* Timely decision making and management
* Creativity and innovation
* Technical learning
* Bachelor's degree with preference for Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent. MBA preferred, but not required.
* This position is eligible for domestic relocation
* The percentage of travel required for this position is 25
Regular/Temporary Assignment: R
FLSA Status: E
Shift: N:Not Applicable
Percent of Travel: Up to 25
Relocation Offered: Yes
Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
• Location: Tulsa
• Post ID: 18811862 tulsa