Areas of Interest:Accounting; Tax
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Senior Tax Accountant assembles, maintains, and analyzes as well as reviews domestic and/or international tax information used in the preparation of municipal, state, and federal tax returns for BOKF and its affiliates, which may include primary and review responsibility for maintenance of tax reporting software and internal and external financial statements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercises control over the preparation and maintenance as well as review of tax records and information used in tax reporting such as federal and state income tax returns, franchise tax returns, sales and use and gross receipts tax returns, tax liability estimates and projections including but not limited to state apportionment data and other return data as assigned. Quarterly calculation of taxable income for assigned entities, as well as assisting with assigned portions of entities such as fixed asset, legal, etc. Responsible for running tax preparation software and overall return preparation, Maintains loss and credit carry-forward schedules for federal, state, and alternative minimum tax, Prepares schedules/return attachments necessary to comply with IRS and State reporting requirements.
- Researches and reviews various tax issues as assigned including issues related to State and local income taxes as well as assisting with implementing and maintaining procedures and SOX controls to capture necessary information to prepare state returns on a timely basis. Prepares and/or reviews state apportionment work papers and may have primary review responsibility of state and local tax returns, sales/use and gross receipts filings including due date tracking and project management. Participates in analysis of business transactions for state purposes.
- Prepares and reviews monthly tax accruals as well as maintains and reviews general ledger accounts including: 1) Preparation and/or reviews monthly ICAP reports, 2) assists with annual and quarterly accrual & the maintenance and review of deferred tax inventory, 3) Settles inter-company accounts, prepares accrual to return settlement work papers and prepares the deferred tax asset/liability reclass calculation/basal III on a quarterly basis, 4) Maintains and reviews annual cash payment schedules for tax payments/refunds, 5) Prepares and reconciles monthly effective tax rates, 5) Prepares quarterly call report information.
- Keeps informed of tax laws, regulations, and rulings pertaining to federal and state income taxes as well as actively pursuing increased technical knowledge. Provides support for various areas of the Bank in addressing questions related to assigned duties; receives questions from department management regarding fixed assets, charge offs, and escheatment; provides occasional customer support regarding escheatment/ 1099s, provides assistance with state and local issues. Provides technical support to others in the Tax Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of municipal, state, and federal income tax laws and regulations
- Process income tax returns using OneSource Income Tax Software (OIT) or experience using similar tax software system (GoSystems, CorpTax, etc.)
- Prepare income tax provision using OneSource Tax Provision Software (OTP) or experience using similar tax software system
- Research income tax issues using Thomson Reuters CHECKPOINT
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of prevailing GAAP(ASC 740)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work as a team to meet internal/external deadlines
- Flexibility/willingness to learn new concepts through on-the-job experience
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP (Smart View application)
- Knowledge of state income tax allocation/apportionment concepts
- Knowledge of Sage Fixed Assets (f/k/a Best Software) accounting software
- Strong analytical, coping, and problem solving skills
- Excellent microcomputer application and spreadsheet software skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good supervisory skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a Bachelor's Degree with 30+ hours of accounting and 3-4 years corporate income tax compliance/provision experience. Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus. Banking/financial service industry technical tax knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of tax specific Regulatory Accounting Principles is a plus.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.
Please contact (e-mail removed) with any questions.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 20007737 tulsa