Number of Openings: 1
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma 74102
Operating Area/Functional Area: Finance & Accounting
Bring your energy to ours. Help us become the premier provider of large-scale natural gas infrastructure in America. At Williams, were focused on being great. If you are a high-performer and are committed to contributing to something much bigger than yourself, you are going to love working here. Were well positioned to help meet the growing demand for natural gas as a cleaner-burning domestic energy source.
Hear from our employees on why they chose a career at Williams: (link removed)
The position provides experience in preparing, examining and analyzing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP. The position will perform the accounting processes for joint venture billing as well as participating in routine maintenance of the billing system. The work may involve any of the following:
- Perform all processes and journal entries related to billing joint venture partners for capital and operating expenses
- Prepare journal entries and prepare wire documents for joint venture partners share of revenue
- Perform the analysis and preparation of monthly expense trends compared to prior month actual results, budget and forecast targets.
- Complete and deliver items requested by external and internal auditors.
- Compliance with SOX internal controls
- Assists internal customers with a variety of coding questions
- Assist joint venture partners with variety of billing questions
- Performs analysis necessary for the monthly closing meetings, quarterly filings and internal management reports.
- Read and understand joint venture contracts
- Evaluate joint venture expenses and ensure joint venture partners are billed appropriately, in accordance with the contracts
- Apply joint venture partner payments to appropriate accounts
- Generate basic financial statements for certain joint ventures
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- User acceptance testing for system upgrades or other system maintenance
- Other projects that may arise
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field of study.
- At least 2-4 years of related work experience preferred
- Prefer previous industry related experience
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc); familiarity with Oracle strongly preferred.
Williams Corporation will not pay relocation costs associated for this position.
Regular/Temporary Assignment: R
FLSA Status: E
Shift: N-Not Applicable
Percent of Travel: Up to 25%
Relocation Offered: No
Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 20049792 tulsa