Number of Openings: 1
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma 74172
Operating Area/Functional Area: Finance & Accounting
Bring your energy to ours. Help us become the premier provider of large-scale natural gas infrastructure in America. At Williams, were focused on being great. If you are a high-performer and are committed to contributing to something much bigger than yourself, you are going to love working here. Were well positioned to help meet the growing demand for natural gas as a cleaner-burning domestic energy source.
Hear from our employees on why they chose a career at Williams: (link removed)
Our organization is seeking an Accountant I.
Under close supervision, this revenue accounting position assists in duties that include revenue & expense accounting, invoicing & billing support, accounts receivable collections, contract analysis, advisory type services and management reporting for one or more gas gathering systems.
- Prepare and distribute invoices in compliance with gathering contracts.
- Track annual minimum volume commitments.
- Monitor and ensure timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Assist with various monthly and quarterly closing requirements.
- Analyze and report on changes in operating results and business activities related to assigned G&P assets. Significant analysis is required of this position due to overall impact it has on the financials.
- Identify issues and resolutions which impact the accuracy and completion of accounting records and data within the general area of responsibility.
- Provide information and explanation for audit requests from internal/external auditors.
- Work with commercial and operations groups on activities which impact accounting transactions.
- Review commercial contracts for implementation of billing services and potential GAAP accounting issues.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individuals and/or other departments as needed to resolve accounting issues and questions.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Complete special projects and ad hoc requests, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with an Accounting major.
- Demonstrates initiative and is proactive in work.
- Proficient in written and oral communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proficient in Excel and other PC applications.
- Ability in data management and systems skills including aptitude to understand complex processes and computerized accounting systems.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Understand and apply accounting procedures in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Williams Corporation will not pay relocation costs associated for this position.
Regular/Temporary Assignment: R
FLSA Status: E
Shift: N-Not Applicable
Percent of Travel: No Travel
Relocation Offered: No
Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 20007717 tulsa